Monday, May 26, 2014

Beautiful cheese


I just had to share this with you, dear readers, because it is the most beautiful cheese stall I have ever seen.


Sunday, at the Chartrons market in Bordeaux.


Goat's milk, cow's milk... Each has its own little shape. Molded, stamped, carved, rolled, coated in ashes, spices or herbs, flavored with cognac. There are the really fresh ones which are lusciously soft and creamy and the dry, pungent, aged ones, and all the stages in between.


The bun shaped ones sitting on leaves are formed by pressing in muslin draining sacks. They are the freshest.


And they taste as good as they look:)

More on Bordeaux: Tomoaki Suzuki at CAPC museum

12 comments:

  1. ... not fair ... your post popped up on my feed reader and I'm hungry and stuck working!!! BTW nice pics :)... they look so inviting !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, sorry Sasha! They're just cell phone pics. I'm surprised they turned out so well:)

      Delete
  2. Yes really inviting. I'm looking forward to my holidays in France in july. Then I will visit many beautiful markets.
    Greets,
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great Claudia! This one is along the river and some of the stalls that have chairs so you can sit down and eat. It's nice!

      Delete
  3. Oh, they look delicious! I'm no-where near Bordeaux, but you're encouraging me to search out some new cheeses closer to home...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They say France has 365 different kinds of cheese, but I suspect there are even more!

      Delete
  4. OMG, I thought those were pastries! You lucky lucky duck you! I'm drooling...I love cheese :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do look a bit like pastries, small and dainty :)

      Delete
  5. that's how i imagine heaven :) living in those cheese filled boxes

    ReplyDelete