Monday, February 24, 2014

Slouchy Pants




As I begin sewing for Spring and dream of pretty sundresses, the truth is, in Winter, I mostly wear a uniform of pants and V-neck or turtleneck sweaters. I do wear jeans a lot, but I like slouchy pants even better. They are comfortable and they taper at the hem so they can't drag in puddles (it rains a lot here in South Western France).

When I think of slouchy pants, Charlie Chaplin comes to mind. The bum with the big heart :)




























I'd say his look is very current! You can see many similar styles at online shops such as Totokaelo or Creatures of Comfort.
pinned similar pants back when the Fall 2013 RTW shows were happening. They were all over the runways and I am very happy that comfortable clothes have recently been given the spotlight.
I sewed these a few months ago using Burda 7250 which I lengthened so they scrunch at the hem. 
The fabric was an unlabeled remnant. My guess is a rayon/poly blend with possibly a bit of wool thrown in. It has a really nice marled texture and great drape.




2 comments:

  1. I love those pants! I think slouchy on top and tapered on bottom is so comfy and actually flattering.

    ReplyDelete