Thursday, February 27, 2014

Plaid Birthday Shirt





I made this flannel shirt for my daughter's birthday and she has actually worn it often in the month she has owned it. Success!
I used pattern 115 from the October 2012 issue of Burdastyle. I made a swayback adjustment (though you wouldn't know it from the pictures, but I think the way she's holding herself, the neckline is pushed back and the whole drape of the back is affected), took some ease out of the sleeve cap and that's about it for modifications.
I enjoyed playing with the balance and rhythm of the plaid and matched it as best I could.
All seams are flat felled.

We took these pictures in Arles either inside, or just outside the Roman Arena while on a short trip to Provence last week. It was sunny and that felt wonderful ! By the way, if you should go to Arles, we ate in a small lunch spot where the cook is a Japanese/Chinese/Canadian and she served wonderful East/West salads and sandwiches drizzled with the best local olive oil. It's called Fad'Oli and it's just off the Place du Forum at 44 bis rue des Arènes. We felt lucky to find this place so I want to share.



  












For lining the yoke, I used Connie Long's excellent tutorial in her book "Easy Guide to Sewing Blouses"









A bientôt!







8 comments:

  1. Merci beaucoup Gigette, ça me fait très plaisir!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant ... love the plaid matching and the finishing . I'm bookmarking it. I prefer to look for inspiration to other "real" people who sew and are great at it rather than polyvore or something similar ... ! Again, LOVE it!
    Ciao
    Sasha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Sasha! I've learned so much from reading other people's blogs, but I admit, I'm also a compulsive pinner ;)

      Delete
    2. .. don't get me wrong... I love pinning too ;)

      Delete
  3. The shirt looks great!! I love the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Beth, It means a lot. I love your blog!

      Delete