Friday, January 31, 2014

Spring Wardrobe Musings

My Spring /Summer wardrobe!

I'm beginning to plan my Spring sewing. By now, I'm bored with sewing winter clothes and I look forward to warm weather. These are some of the fabrics I would like to use. Most have been in my stash for several years and I really look forward to making them come to life.
I love the process of assembling fabrics from my stash and beginning to envision a beautiful collection of clothes. My palette will be a combination of earth tones and airy blues with a few shots of firey warm red.
I like to begin with a jacket and then build a wardrobe around it. A jacket is a lot of work to make and I expect it to be a workhorse!
The bronze gabardine at the bottom will be perfect for a safari type jacket.
The other fabrics will be tops, dresses, skirts, depending on where my inspiration takes me once the jacket is sewn.

3 comments:

  1. The fabrics are great... can't wait to see the garments...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sasha, you are my first commenter! This blog is just starting up, so thank you so much for the encouragement.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete